In this post, we will discuss some unknown and concerning women cancer facts. We hope this will help you to know about the vulnerability of our body to cancer. But before that, we need to know what cancer is?
When our cell increases abnormally it causes cancer and slowly it spreads all over our body. Cancer begins in our cells when our body can produce new cells when the old cells die.
But sometimes it goes wrong. Our body creates new cell even though we don’t need them and also when old cells don’t die. These cells create the tumor. The tumor can be malignant But all tumor is not cancer while malignant ones are. Our Cells from malignant tumors can quickly raid its closest tissues and spread all over our body.
Some Unknown women cancer facts:
Women can be affected by almost 200 type of cancer. Most common cancers in women are non-melanoma of the skin, breast cancer, colorectal cancer, leukemia, and lymphoma. It is said that One out of three women can be affected by cancer before the age of 85. Female can survive more than men. Women have % year more survival than man which is 68% vs. 66%.
Now we will know about some common cancer which is very sensitive to women.
Breast Cancer for women:
Breast cancer is a type of cancer that develops from breast tissue. The signs of breast cancer are the lump in the breast, Change in shape, Fluid coming from the nipple or red patch of skin.
Some common facts of breast cancer are:
- One out of eight women affected by breast cancer before the age of 85.
- You can lower the risk of breast cancer up to 18% by only walking 75-150 min per week.
- In every two minutes, a woman in U.S.A diagnosed in the hospital with breast cancer.
- Some common risk factors for Breast cancer are diet, alcohol and physical inactivity.
- Only 1% of the man affected by Breast cancer.
- Breast cancer is the most common cancer in the women.
- 85% of women diagnosed with breast cancer with no family history.
- Healthy weight, no smoking, no alcohol, physical activity or exercise can lower the risk of Breast cancer.
- 27% of women can survive if breast cancer can be detected in the advanced stage and 98% can survive if cancer detected in the early stage.
Cervical Cancer for women:
Cervical cancer rises from the cervix. It happens for some abnormal cell which can invade or spread other parts of the body. At first, there will be no symptoms. But as the cancer progress, some symptoms can be seen. They may include abnormal vaginal bleeding, pelvic pain, pain during sexual intercourse.
If you are interested you can read this post: How to remove dark spots from leg naturally.
Some concerning Facts about cervical cancer are:
- The ratio of affected women by cervical cancer is 1:162.
- 225000 women die every year due to cervical cancer.
- Most cervical cancer can be prevented.
- Most(99%) cervical cancer caused by a common virus called Human papillomavirus.
- Before 2009 it was the 3rd most affected cancer for women.
- 72% women can survive at first five years.
- A vaccine has been created to prevent HPV and to protect women against most types of cervical cancer.
- 8% people die from cervical cancer from the total death of cancer.
- 70% of cervical cancer occur in developing country.
- Smoking increases the risk of cervical cancer.
- 80% of female in the USA get infected with HPV which can lead them to cervical cancer.
- Cervical cancer can be prevented If girls aged 11+receivee the HPV vaccine.
Ovarian Cancer for ladies:
Ovarian Cancer is a type of cancer that forms in an ovary. It is one of the most common women cancer facts.It happens for some abnormal cell which can invade or spread other parts of the body. At first, there will be no symptoms. But as the process progress, some symptoms can be noticed. Such as bloating, pelvic pain, abdominal swelling, loss of appetite.
Some facts about Ovarian cancer are:
- 1 out of 75 women diagnosed with ovarian cancer before the age of 85.
- The five years survival rate is 45%.
- Symptoms of ovarian cancer are often vague and also can be similar to other symptoms of many other conditions.
- In the year of 2012, ovarian cancer occurred in almost 239,000 women and resulted in 152,000 deaths all over the world.
- The typical age of diagnosis of ovarian cancer is 63.
- It is the seventh most common cancer among women and the eighth-most common cause of death from the total death of cancer.
- 230000 women diagnosed with ovarian cancer every year.
- 15% of cases diagnosed with Ovarian cancer at stage 1.
- 60% of women diagnosed after meatstatis.
Gynaecological Cancer for women:
Gynecological cancers named according to the body parts where it develops first. It can be formed in ovary, uterus, cervix, vagina, and vulva.The symptoms of gynecological cancers depend on many aspects. Like where the tumor is situated, how quickly it is growing, the size of the tumor and others.
Here are some facts about Gynecological cancer:
Gynecological cancer is the 3rd most common cancer That affects females.
- The five-year survival rate of Gynecological cancer is 68%.
- Some known risk factors for Gynecological cancer are age, identified gene mutations, strong family history, lifestyle factors like smoking and those leading to excess body weight, etc.
- Gynaecological cancers include Ovarian cancer, Uterine cancer, Cervical cancer, Vaginal cancer, Vulval cancer.
Before we know about vulvar cancer we need to know what is vulvar. Vulvare is the area of the skin in women’s body that surrounds with urethra, vagina, clitoris, and labia.
When someone develops vulvar cancer mostly her outer part of vaginal lips gets affected.
This kind of cancer can be found in the outer area of female genitalia. Symptoms of vulvar cancer are itching, painful sexual intercourse, painful urination or bleeding, thickened skin. Generally, the development of vulvar cancer is very slow.
Some noticeable facts about this Vulvar cancer are —
- Mostly Vulvar cancer is the type of a skin cancer.
- Avoiding smoking and unprotected sex can reduce the risk of vulvar cancer.
- It is estimated that 5950 women will be diagnosed with vulvar cancer this year in the USA.
- 1110 women will die due to this type of cancer.
- There are 3 ways vulvar can spread to your body and they are through the lumb system, through blood, and through tissue.
- This type of cancer occurs in women who are older than 60.
We discussed some unknown women cancer facts which could be helpful for women who are searching for that information. We hope that information will help them to be careful about cancer. Almost one third or potentially half of cancer could be prevented through proper lifestyle and regular screening. So if we live appropriately, we can prevent this dangerous disease and live a cancer-free life.